Tomson Technologies provides an unbiased benchmarking of commercially available chemicals on a performance basis. Confidentiality is a key component of our client relationship and all generated information will be kept strictly confidential within Tomson Technologies.
The process for certifying a product is generally summarized in four steps:
- Application (including testing of the product)
- Evaluation (does the test data indicate that the product meets qualification criteria)
- Decision (does a second review of the product application concur with the Evaluation)
- Surveillance (does the product in the marketplace continue to meet qualification criteria)
Common product certification performed by Tomson Technologies includes:
Research and Development
Corrosion inhibitor performance
• Glass cell
• Material selection
• Exposure tests
• Dynamic Scale Loop (DSL)
• Bottle test
• Squeeze performance
• Friction reducer
• Thermal stability
• Iron, calcium, and others tolerance
• Capillary String Certification (Cap String) and Testing
• Umbilical Certification and Testing
• Custom products certification
• Chemical composition
• Solvent extraction
• Chemical compatibility
• Friction reducer flow loop testing
• Oxygen scavengers
• Polymer hydration viscosity
• Residual chlorine dioxide
• Cold finger
• Residual polymer
Quality Policy Statement
Performance & Quality Testing
Tomson Technologies’ team of scientists and laboratory technicians can thoroughly evaluate, analyze, and test your product to ensure that it performs up your or your client’s standards and performance benchmarks. We can also provide expertise to custom-design tests to meet the product application environment. Tomson Technologies can performance test or co-develop in a number of areas, some examples are listed:
can be evaluated in a dynamics scale loop (DSL) for any given protection time under field temperature, pressure, and brine composition (up to 480 °F and 25,000 psig). Scale inhibitors can also be evaluated for their performance in a squeeze treatment using intact or crushed core of any reservoir compositions including gravel and proppant packs.
- can be evaluated for their performance to inhibit local or general corrosion in complex environments. The material can be selected as well as the brine composition, temperature, pressure, and gas composition. These tests can be performed in a strictly anoxic (<< 1 ppb O2) environment.
- can be tested for their ability to break solid scale from deposition layers. Dispersants can also be tested as scale prevention chemicals.
- Friction reduced performance can be evaluated in the laboratory under any field brine composition and dosage. High flow rate, low shear, loops are used to evaluate the performance of friction reducers under realistic field conditions and additives. Viscosity evaluations are also performed to ensure proper inversion, hydration, and carrying capacity.
- can be tested under varying temperature and salinity conditions, depending on your needs. Specific bacterial types such as acid producing bacteria (APB), sulfate reducing bacteria (SRB), nitrate reducing bacteria (NRB), iron reducing bacteria (IRB), heterotrophic aerobic bacteria (HAB), and total bacterial can be identified.